Subject: [huml-comment] Human Markup Language 1.0 considered harmful

When I saw this announcement I thought at first that it was a put-on, joke,
or spoof of some kind.  I really did.

I gather that the Human Markup Language is not a joke.  I am very concerned.
I blogged what I saw and what bothers me as well as I could at

	http://nfocentrale.net/orcmid/blog/2002_11_24_lair-chive.asp#85127383

and I would love to have a way to make what I see as the error of this more
clear.

Also, I need to look at the charter for this work.  It is not clear to me
exactly what the intended application of this is and why it has to be called
"human" markup language.  Who does this appeal to?

But, given the document at face value, I am concerned that the assertion of
"nothing taken for granted" and self-assertion as a test of humanity are at
best ingenuous.  My demonstration is the supposition of "race" as a physical
characteristic.  And that it be describable (I hesitate to use the notion of
description at all here) by a code.

-- orcmid

Dennis E. Hamilton
http://NuovoDoc.com/