Subject: RE: [legalxml-courtfiling] Preliminary List of "Roles" in LegalProceedings

What is the difference between a title and a role as you see it? Are you
suggesting that the specific "roles" should be marked up with a "title"
tag instead of a "role" tag?

If so, I don't have a problem with the concept. The Data Dictionary
contains a "Title" element, but it is used for motor vehicle title
information rather than the title of a person. Will the different
"Title" elements be reconciled by the Data Dictionary group?

As for duplicates in the list of specific roles, just strike one of
them.

Rolly Chambers

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Robin_Gibson@osca.state.mo.us
	Sent: Tue 11/12/2002 9:47 AM
	To: Chambers, Rolly; legalxml-courtfiling@lists.oasis-open.org
	Subject: Re: [legalxml-courtfiling] Preliminary List of "Roles"
in Legal Proceedings

	Before this list is provided to the Data Dictionary group, I
highly
	recommend that each of the proposed "roles" includes a brief
description to
	differentiate them from one another.  This will help the task
force to
	condense duplicates from various sources.  At first glance, they
appear to
	be titles (or perhaps relationships) rather than roles .  For
example, in
	the JudicialOfficer listing, I am not able to differentiate the
difference
	between some of the items listed-- what is the difference in
"role" between
	a circuit judge and a circuit court judge?

	Robin

	Robin Gibson
	Information Technology Division
	Office of State Courts Administrator