Subject: Re: [office-formula] Missing Excel Functions

--ZJcv+A0YCCLh2VIg

Hi,

On Friday, 2008-12-05 15:20:49 -0500, David A. Wheeler wrote:

> > AVERAGEIF - This function is defined, but doesn't appear to be in one o=
f the function groups yet.
> > AVERAGEIFS - This function is defined, but doesn't appear to be in one =
of the function groups yet.
>=20
> Ooops, it should be.  Thanks.

Same for SUMIFS, that exists on my To-Do list for editing the draft. In
which group should we place them? I think Large would be appropriate.

> > CELL - I found the note in the spec about platform independence.  Some =
of the values returned by the function are not platform specific.  Does it =
make sense to add it to the Large group with a note about some of the argum=
ent values?
>=20
> It might; what do you have in mind?

CELL is problematic in itself. The definition of the "filename" info
type is most controversial, as one would expect it is defined to return
the file name, but that is not what Excel and OOo return. For legacy
reasons (once upon a time each sheet was a separate file) Excel includes
the sheet name, as does OOo. However, Excel does not do the IRI
notation. I currently don't see a real solution for this.

  Eike

--=20
Automatic string conversions considered dangerous. They are the GOTO statem=
ents
of spreadsheets.  --Robert Weir on the OpenDocument formula subcommittee's =
list.

--ZJcv+A0YCCLh2VIg

--ZJcv+A0YCCLh2VIg--