Subject: Re: [office-formula] Portability notes

Eike,

The short answer is "no," I intended no change to the way the SC or TC
works.

I was over reading your response as indicating a fixed choice to include
the portability notes as opposed to resolving them on a case by case basis.

Time is short and I was reading more into your note that was merited.

My apologies.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

PS: I still think the portability notes represent the largest "hill" we
have to climb before a final version. ;-) I will see what I can do on
those between later today when you upload your version and next Tuesday.

Eike Rathke wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> On Tuesday, 2010-02-02 09:32:09 -0500, Patrick Durusau wrote:
>

>>> Earlier we agreed to convert portable documents language to portability
>>> notes, and in a second step turn parts of those notes to normative text
>>> where necessary.
>>>

>> No, we agreed that I would examine the text and mark all the portability
>> material, of which there is a considerable amount.
>>
>> Some of the options for disposition of that material included
>> portability notes and/or normative text.
>>

> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-formula/200912/msg00092.html
> AFAIK no one objected to Michael's proposal, we only had some discussion
> about details. Robert and me basically supported the proposal.
>

>> There was no agreement that *all* of the various portability material
>> would either become a portability note or would become normative text.
>>

> No formal agreement, call it tacit agreement, tacit approval, ... (had
> to look those up).
>
> In
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-formula/200912/msg00100.html
> you said
> | I am creating a "PortabilityNote" style for all the portability notes
> | which will enable us to search for them by style. As we resolve them,
> | they will become subject to other styles, true notes, normative text,
> | etc.
>
> To me that sounds like you agreed as well.
>

>> Which would result in all of the current portability material remaining
>> in the text under one guise or another.
>>

> We may drop things on a case by case basis, but the default should be to
> turn the portability material to either note (probably appropriate in
> most cases) or normative text.
>

>> That has never been asked nor answered in any decision taken by the TC
>> or the formula SC.
>>

> The formula SC's working style usually does not need formal decisions.
> Common sense, consensus and absence of objection so far were sufficient.
> Do we suddenly need to change that?
>
>   Eike

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34