Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Document Design and metadata

On Nov 6, 2006, at 12:18 PM, Svante Schubert wrote:

> Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

>>> I am curious, what is the most important thing for you right now?
>>
>> Deciding on a list of document objects (paragraphs, tables, etc.)
>> that can be described by metadata,
> Is the actual list really necessary, or would it not be sufficient
> to decide upon the criteria for such a list for now?

I guess that's fine. My point is that whether we allow a URI to be
attached to a style (and thus for it to be further described) is a
trivial detail from the XML standpoint. I don't want to get caught up
endlessly debating this point now, becuase the answer to the question
should not have any significant impact on the design.

> Any comments on modification the requirements I stated for creating
> a XSLT stylesheet to transform the ODF RelaxNG Schema into such a
> list?

Not that I haven't already offered.

>> and figuring out the mechanism to associated them with metadata
>> descriptions.
> Right, this would be my next step as well. We might want to split
> this question into further smaller design questions.
> For example, did we all agree on the design of referencing Meta
> Data from an external file to the content?

I see this as a separate design problem (why I have it as a separate
section on the wiki), and not the highest priority for 1.2.