Subject: Re: [office-metadata] RDF: What can we say?

On May 16, 2007, at 7:57 PM, Patrick Durusau wrote:

> Although I would pitch the advantages as far as the document and
> its content more than the broader Semantic Web vision. People who
> already know RDF have drunk the cool-aid on that issue and where I
> think we need to sell our proposal is to doc heads who really want
> more sophisticated metadata in documents.

I mean less the semantic web stuff than this basic description of the
model:

<http://www.rdfabout.com/intro/#Triples%20of%20knowledge>

The takehome point WRT to ODF is simply that the contraints of the
model allow one the flexibility to describe whatever you wish.

A secondary benefit is that after-the-fact it is trivial to merge
data from different sources (documents and such).

In short, it's designed for extensibility and mergeability of data.