Subject: Re: [office] Tables for presentations

Hi,

> Will we disuss the proposal in next week's meeting.  I think the
> draft1 is more straight forward in specification point of view.

Michael Brauer is maintaining the agenda. So I CC'ed him in order to ask
him to schedule it. So you like to have a clean OpenDocument spec too ;-)

> Another thing is if it directly leverage the original table spec, will
> table in presentation support all of the specs, such as nest table.

Regarding the OpenDocument format I would say so. However in the current
implementation e.g. OpenOffice.org Calc spreadsheets do not support
tables in tables either.
I think this very much comes down to the question whether all
OpenDocument processing entities must implement all possible features or
whether it is valid to implement only a common sub set. We already
started a "conformance" discussion in the TC some time ago, but I think
we must continue it. My favorite would be to define a
"feature-subset"(maybe based on the work by Waldo Bastian?)  together
with an exhaustive test-suite, such that interoperability between the
different OpenDocument processing entities can be guaranteed.
Michael, may I ask you to re-schedule the "conformance" problem also for
one of the future meetings. I know currently ISO has highest prio...but
hopefully this is solved at some point int the future...

Greetings from Hamburg,

Florian