Subject: Re: [office] Excel 2007 != Ecma spec YEARFRAC. Not even slightly.What should we do?

>Why don't we just use strings to
> identify the bases. Then we could just reserve "msexcel_blah" for for
> excel.

The problem is that basis values need not be a constant in the cell; it might be
from another cell and/or a calculation (directly or indirectly), e.g.:
YEARFRAC([.A5];[.B5];[.C5]+1)

I'd expect most basis values to be embedded constants.  But if we can make life easier for
those doing transitions, or having to convert back-and-forth, we should try.

--- David A. Wheeler