Subject: Re: [office] Review of ODF 1.2 specification draft 1.2 - chapters6 and 7

Oliver,

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann - Software Engineer - Sun Microsystems wrote:
> Dear TC members,
>
> another Sun OpenOffice.org colleague, namely Oliver Specht
> (oliver.specht@sun.com or os@openoffice.org), has reviewed chapters 6
> and 7 and the attributes of chapter 18, which are referenced in these
> chapters.
> His review results are:
>
> - remove "." behind numbering for headings on outline level 2. In
> OpenOffice.org this can be done by using the Dialog opened via Menu
> Tools - Outline Numbering.

Done.
> - sub chapter "6.3.6.1 General", 2nd sentence:
> It does not make senses that the information about the sender is taken
> from the OpenDocument user information *dialog*. Corresponding
> reference to the appropriate ODF element/attribute is needed here.
> [was already the wrong in ODF 1.0 and 1.1.]

OK, if this was wrong on ODF 1.0 and 1.1, what is the correct answer?
> - comment to future note in sub chapter "6.3.7.1 <text:author-name>":
> text:author-name is not a duplicate of dc:creator. text:author-name is
> the author of the document, while dc:creator is the creator of this
> ODF stream. E.g. Oliver create a new text document in ODF and stores
> it - text:author-name="Oliver" and dc:creator="Oliver". Oliver sends
> the document to Michael for review. Michael opens the document, makes
> his corrections and stores the document - text:author-name="Oliver"
> and dc:creator="Michael".
Sorry, you lost me there.

What you describe sounds like Michael, as the second author of the
document, is listed for dc:creator.

Ah, so is "sender" just bad prose? What it means is a subsequent author
of content in the file?

I was wondering how the application was going to realize it had been
"sent."

So, I should remove the sender language and simply say additional author?

> - comment to future note in sub chapter "6.3.7.2 <text:author-initials>":
> similar to the comment about future note in previous sub chapter.

See above.
> - sub chapter "6.3.9 <text:file-name>":
> remove "of" between "displays" and "the name".

Done.
> - comment to future note in sub-chapter "6.7.2 <text:place-holder>":
> <text:placeholder> will not have any input, it will be replaced by the
> input.

Are you saying that the text is incorrect when it says:

"This element contains some brief text which is displayed with the
placeholder. "

True, it is replaced with whatever content the user supplies but it does
have content that is displayed to the user. Yes?
> - comment to Ed. note in sub-chapter "6.7.10 <text:execute-marco>":
> The content of the element is used as its description. In my opinion
> this should be changed.
OK, but where is it being stored now?

> - "18.1147 text:display":
> -- bullet item "<text:chapter>, <text:index-entry-chapter>":
> remove one "specifies"
Done.
> -- bullet items "<text:file-name>" and "<text:templace-name>":
> include the attribute values at each display option

Ah, you mean (for <text:file-name>):

<value>full</value>
<value>path</value>
<value>name</value>
<value>name-and-extension</value>

Sure, you're right.

And for text:template-name:

<value>full</value>
<value>path</value>
<value>name</value>
<value>name-and-extension</value>
<value>area</value>
<value>title</value>

OK, but I am not picking up where the values *area* and *title* are
coming from? In other words, what element or attribute is being
referenced there?

> - "18.1221 text:table-type"
> include attribute values corresponding to "SQL table", "OpenDocument
> query" and "SQL command".

So:

The |text:table-type| attribute specifies the reference made by a
database table with the following values:

    *

      sql : an SQL table

    *

      query : an OpenDocument query