Subject: RE: [office] TC Liaison with JTC1/SC34

JTC1 SC's have two kinds of members: national bodies (NBs) and liaisons.
OASIS -- the organization -- has been approved as a Class A Liaison to
JTC1 and to JTC1/SC34.  As a liaison member, OASIS (the organization) is
allowed to participate in SC34 WG's and received an invitation to
participate in this new Ad Hoc.  In this particular case OASIS, via Jamie,
has asked the ODF TC to nominate individuals from our TC to serve on this
Ad Hoc.  So you do not need to separately acquire membership in JTC1 or
JTC1/SC34 to participate.  You serve via OASIS's existing organizational
liaison status with JTC1/SC34.

Note that this is different than some of the other liaison opportunities
we are discussing.  For example, the liaison representative to the W3C's
SVG WG would need to either already be a member or the SVG WG or be able
to gain membership there.

-Rob

"Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote on 06/04/2009
05:11:28 PM: