Subject: Re: [office] Mapping of lists from ODF 1.1 to ODF 1.2

Hi Oliver,

thank you for your quick response.

Am 20.03.2014 14:00, schrieb Oliver-Rainer Wittmann:
Hi,

I do not know a fully mapping between the list level attributes in ODF 1.0/1.1 and the new ones introduced in ODF 1.2.
If such a mapping would exist, the new list level attributes had not been proposed by myself :-)

Please have a look at the discussions taking place on the TC's mailing list regarding the corresponding proposal - links to the threads are [1]..[7].
The last one - [7] - contains the final proposal and contains corresponding examples.
One of the main motivations for the new list level attributes was the interoperability with the way how Microsoft Word specifies its list levels and that these could not be fully mapped to the one in ODF 1.0/1.1. Mapping the ODF 1.0/1.1 list level attributes to the Microsoft Word one is also not completly possible.

Are you aware of any pictures showing how the attributes are being applied to a list in the document (showing the combination of the various lengths)
If not, would you as the proposer be able to create some?
Thus, -1 from my side to deprecate one of the list level attribute models - both are needed.
From my current understanding the new list XML set offers a better OOXML interoperability (likely even providing a higher feature set) and was overtaken for instance by the AOO Writer.
Why do we still need the old list model?

[1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200701/msg00063.html
[2] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200702/msg00029.html
[3] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200703/msg00002.html
[4] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200703/msg00004.html
[5] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200703/msg00006.html
[6] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200703/msg00014.html
[7] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200703/msg00031.html

Thank you, seems like a good lecture for a long train ride (I will have soon),
Svante

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Oliver-Rainer Wittmann

--