oic message

Subject: Re: [oic] some thoughts on test documents

Ming Fei Jia wrote:
> Seems difficult to embed comments in the last mail. Based on previous
> thoughts, put what I am understanding here:

Thanks for your comments, it's a great list !

> 1.1.3. Select one reference ODF implementation, e.g. OpenOffice.org

Mm, the charter states that we won't be rating or commenting on specific
implementations, so selecting OOo as the reference (although it probably
is _de facto_) seems a bit like a rating to me...

As far as I'm concerned, one can use any two implementations to check
how things are working out...

> 1.1.8. Build the universal schema validation tool or service. Can we
> borrow the OpendocumentFellowship ODF validator or OpenOffice.org ODF
> validator? Or do we plan to build another one?

Mm, building our own solution is out of scope according to the charter...

Now, if I'm not mistaken, those tools are actually wrappers around the
RNG schema's, so they can definitely be a starting point to check if our
test documents (either hand crafted or tool based) are valid to begin with.

Thomas Zander pointed me out that KOffice does already has automated ODF
testing, so that might also be a source of inspiration...

Best regards,

Bart