oic message

Subject: Re: [oic] test documents and being smart with meta-data

On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 18:04 +0100, Hanssens Bart wrote:

> d) Add this version info in the meta info of the document itself
> Pro: very easy and quick to do
> Pro: you don't have to deal with other tools / hacks
> Con: this would actually make atomic tests a little bit dirtier
> (probably nitpicking, you could remove the data using a script
> when you really want to remove every bit not part of the test)

> d1) Using ODF's metadata functionality
> d2) Adding elements in a separate namespace
>

> Suggestions ? Remarks ? :-) Personally, I would opt for d1 or d2,
> but thats's just my two cents...

On first glance (d) seems to be the right way to go but since we expect
can expect a really large number of files, running say all tests for
version 1.0 would require that _all_ files are accessed, the metadata
retrieved from them etc.

In this situation a mechanism that works on the file level e.g. (a) or
(b) would make it easier to select the files of interest.

Andreas
--
Andreas J. Guelzow <aguelzow@math.concordia.ab.ca>
Andreas J. Guelzow