oic message

Subject: Re: [oic] some thoughts on test documents

On Saturday 01 November 2008, Hanssens Bart wrote:
> Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> >I know Thomas Zander personally as he is working with me on KOffice.
> >So I can ask him if that was not already done. Please let me know.
>
> I contated Thomas, and he pointed me out that the test set is actually
> copyrighted by Intel. If I recall correctly, he also mentioned that he
> felt that the suite was a bit OOo-centric, and pointed out that KOffice
> already does automated testing with ODF documents.
>
> Thorsten, since you also work on KOffice, maybe you can shed a light
> on the automated part.... Does it only uses the OpenDocument Fellowship
> test set or additional documents ? Is it at the "atomic" level or are
> there also tests with complex documents ?
> I noticed there's a script in the source tarball, and documentation on
> wiki etc (have to look into that), but maybe you could give us the
> highlights ? Thanks

Up to now we only do automated test on stuff that is related to text. We use
the the tests files from OpenDocument Fellowship.
For each test file we have a file on how the internal data should look in
koffice after it is loaded. So we load the data from the testfile and then
check if the internal data is correct.
For saving we save the document and load it again and check if after doing
that the internal structure is still as it should be.

So this only checks if it is loaded/saved correclty. It does not check if it
looks ok.

the stuff is under libs/kotext/opendocument/tests.

Thorsten