oic message

Subject: RE: [oic] Version Control Commit by orcmid

A separate list is very appropriate.  It should probably be read-only, since
it is not an appropriate place to discuss a commit, simply to mechanically
log them.  It probably doesn't even require an agreement to subscribe to it
(it is more like OASIS [news] in that respect, although for a very narrow
audience).  It might be useful for someone who is observing the addition of
tests cases or something to the SVN repository, at a time when we have more
content and activity of that kind.

 - Dennis

PS: Further observations

For my own sanity, I did add a rule to my e-mail inbox.  That has anything
with "[oic] Version Control Commit" in the Subject be routed to a sub-folder
of where my OIC TC messages usually go.  I won't know if it is working
properly until more traffic on the subject shows up.  (Messages from me,
such as this one, always go to my junk list because I have not white-listed
myself.)

This does not help with the monster clutter that can result on the OIC TC
List archive (e.g., at
<http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/200902/maillist.html>).

Of course, if this were a serious software development activity, we would
probably want the SVN commit software to post tweets of updates and have a
Facebook profile [;<).