oic message

Subject: Re: [oic] Google Summer of Code

http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2013>.

> GSoC 2013 is kicking off now.  There is an useful FAQ.  Generally, OIC
> doesn't qualify as a mentoring organization although it might be qualified
> anyhow for test cases under an open-source or open document (i.e., CC By)
> license.  The other problem is that the OIC is too small to provide the
> required resources.

I mentored a GSoC student in the Apache ODF Toolkit project last year.  I'm on the mailing list that Google has for mentors and there was a discussion a month ago or about what kinds of projects qualify.  They really want it to involve coding.  So testing, documentation, design projects are generally not eligible.  There was a long discussion about whether CSS qualifies as "coding" or not.  I think the consensus was generally that it did not.

So manually creating test cases for ODF would likely not qualify.  *But*, writing a program to generate test cases might be fine.   In fact this could possibly even be a fix for the ODF Toolkit project.

-Rob

http://www.google-melange.com/gci/document/show/gci_program/google/gci2012/