openc2-actuator message

Subject: Firewall Profile: Purpose and Scope

Actuator Profile Subcommittee,

This probably should have been the first email I sent....

We will spend a lot of time talking past each other if we do not have a common understanding of the purpose and scope.  Please review the following ten bullets.  If you do not agree, please identify which one(s), why, and ideally provide alternate text.

*    Identify the OpenC2 ACTIONS that are applicable to the actuators with firewall functionality.
*    Identify the TARGET types and associated specifiers that are applicable to each action in the firewall class of actuators.
*    Identify ACTUATOR SPECIFIERS,   ACTUATOR-OPTIONS and COMMAND OPTIONS for each action-target pair that are applicable and/or unique to the firewall class of actuators
*    Annotate each Action/ Target pair with a justification and example and provide sample OpenC2 commands to a firewall
*    Provide an abstract schema that captures the specifiers and options for a firewall

*    Does not define or implement ACTIONS external to Version 1.0 of the Language Specification.
*    Is conformant with version 1.0 of the OpenC2 Language Specification
*    Defines the required and optional ACTIONS and OPTIONS.
*    Defines the applicable TARGETS utilizing the target data model provided in version 1.0 of the OpenC2 Language this specification..
*    Defines the required and optional actuator 'specifiers'.

Thank you

Joe B