openc2-actuator message

Subject: Firewall Profile: Applicability of the firewall profile

Actuator Profile SC,

Please refer to page eight of the current draft of the firewall profile (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CvD4dhnGPsYVYrMoJTIjeQA9vN3i33eqwkhEGRWsBVA/edit# )

CURRENT TEXT
The current text is accompanied with a graphic.  The original text was:
Figure 1 presents a notional OpenC2 implementation which illustrates cases were a firewall profile may be required and the components within the network that may interact with or be affected by OpenC2.

COMMENT:
I objected to this picture back in the forum and my objection still holds. I think proxy is the wrong word. I think too much focus on 'red'. I think 'device manager' is an undefined term that is really an orchestrator from an openc2 viewpoint. I think too much emphasis on hardware. I think too much emphasis on pub/sub or 'bus'. I think most of picture is implementation that should be in IC-SC committee notes, not in AP-SC specification. I think a simple openc2 producer to openc2 consumer is all that is needed here. I think this or another picture should include something that shows actuator may have more than one profile

MY REQUESTS:
Please provide alternate text.
Let us attain consensus on the bullets before we try to create a graphic to capture the bullets,
Provide the graphic.

====

Joe B