openc2-actuator message

Subject: RE: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [openc2-actuator] Firewall Profile: Purpose and Scope

All,

I have been receiving direct replies to my queries about the firewall profile.  I want the entire email distribution to be aware of the discussions, AND I want to respect anonymity, so I ‘sanitized’ the emails and include everyone on the response.

======  tear line ====

Regarding your comment to the command options comment:  The command options were defined independently of any particular action, target or actuator (that is, we are striving for decoupled components).  Having said that,  some command options do not make sense for a particular ACTION TARGET pair in the context of a specific ACTUATOR, therefore the actuator profile identifies the applicable components.

VR

Joe B

To: Brule, Joseph M <jmbrule@radium.ncsc.mil>

Joe,

I think these are pretty accurate, I have one comment and that is related to the "command options" comment. I was always under the impression that command options where independent of a given actuator profile, I guess I figured any options associated to an actuator would fall under actuator options.

V/R