orms message

Subject: RE: [orms] Groups - Inaugural TC Meeting modified

I am still confused as to whether this is a one day or two day event.
The OASIS calendar shows only May 1, but there is a note about the
Friday session running from 9-3.

In my experience, initial meetings like this only have about 4 hours of
real activities, although they can be padded out to any length. Staying
late on a Friday is a significant inconvenience to those of us who are
not local to the Bay Area.

At the very least I would amend the schedule to have items 11-14 occur
on the first day. Then technical discussions could continue even of some
people leave.

Hal

OASIS
> staff assistance, matches the names of pre-registered people against
the
> meeting attendees in order to determine TC membership. To become a
member
> at the first meeting, a prospective member must have been on the
roster 15
> days before the meetinge, and also must be present at this meeting.
>
> 3 Election of the chair or co-chairs. The convener should note the
> nominations made in the proposal, and ask for additional nominations
from
> TC members.
>
> -- meeting handed over to newly-elected Chair(s)
>
> 4 Welcome from OASIS staff and a short review of OASIS TC Process and
IPR
> Policy. Comment: this usually is fairly short, but often yields a few
good
> rule or IPR questions that unearth problematic issues.
>
> 5 Review of the TC charter -- the statement of purpose, goals,
> deliverables, schedule, etc.
>
> 6. Co-chairs to lead discussion with TC members on
>    -Background
>    -Purposes
>    - Terms & Definitions
>    - Characteristics of Reputation
>
> 7. Go over Possible Usecases & Scenarios
>
> 8. Review of input documents
>    - OpenID Reputation Service Extension (Proposal)
>    -Trusted Data Exchange Overview
>
> 9. Discuss Taxonomy
>
> 10. Discuss Reference Model
>
> 11. Vote on any standing rules for the TC, such as whether to allow
> motions to be made via email, or to allow chairs to use web-based
ballots.
> (Optional.) Comment: Many TCs do choose to permit web-balloting up
front.)
> See also http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#s2.13 (on
> voting) and http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#s2.9 (on
> procedure and standing rules).
>
> 12. Assignment of responsibilities. The following official duties
> ultimately are the chair's responsibilities but can be delegated:
> secretary; editor; webmaster; liaison to other OASIS TCs or other
> standards efforts.
>
> 13. Organization of subcommittees, if necessary. (Optional.) Each
> subcommittee will require its own statement of purpose, chair and
editor,
> liaisons with other subcommittees, etc.
>
> 14 Confirmation of meeting schedule; ask for volunteers for hosting
> meetings.
>

> Minutes:
>

> View event details:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/orms/event.php?event_id=181