orms message

Subject: RE: [orms] Groups - Inaugural TC Meeting modified

I, too, will have to leave early Friday, about noon, to catch my flight
back east.  I agree that issues involving the basic structure and
operation of the group should be wrapped up earlier in the meeting.

Thanks.  Looking forward to meeting you all.
Lauren

Lauren B. Eisenberg Davis
Senior Systems Analyst
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
Information Operations Systems Group
11100 Johns Hopkins Road
Laurel, MD 20723
(443) 778-4674
Fax: (443) 778-6391

-----Original Message-----
From: Hal Lockhart [mailto:hlockhar@bea.com]
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 11:39 AM
To: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org; orms@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: abbieb@nortel.com

I am still confused as to whether this is a one day or two day event.
The OASIS calendar shows only May 1, but there is a note about the
Friday session running from 9-3.

In my experience, initial meetings like this only have about 4 hours of
real activities, although they can be padded out to any length. Staying
late on a Friday is a significant inconvenience to those of us who are
not local to the Bay Area.

At the very least I would amend the schedule to have items 11-14 occur
on the first day. Then technical discussions could continue even of some
people leave.

Hal

OASIS
> staff assistance, matches the names of pre-registered people against
the
> meeting attendees in order to determine TC membership. To become a
member
> at the first meeting, a prospective member must have been on the
roster 15
> days before the meetinge, and also must be present at this meeting.
>
> 3 Election of the chair or co-chairs. The convener should note the
> nominations made in the proposal, and ask for additional nominations
from
> TC members.
>
> -- meeting handed over to newly-elected Chair(s)
>
> 4 Welcome from OASIS staff and a short review of OASIS TC Process and
IPR
> Policy. Comment: this usually is fairly short, but often yields a few
good
> rule or IPR questions that unearth problematic issues.
>
> 5 Review of the TC charter -- the statement of purpose, goals,
> deliverables, schedule, etc.
>
> 6. Co-chairs to lead discussion with TC members on
>    -Background
>    -Purposes
>    - Terms & Definitions
>    - Characteristics of Reputation
>
> 7. Go over Possible Usecases & Scenarios
>
> 8. Review of input documents
>    - OpenID Reputation Service Extension (Proposal)
>    -Trusted Data Exchange Overview
>
> 9. Discuss Taxonomy
>
> 10. Discuss Reference Model
>
> 11. Vote on any standing rules for the TC, such as whether to allow
> motions to be made via email, or to allow chairs to use web-based
ballots.
> (Optional.) Comment: Many TCs do choose to permit web-balloting up
front.)
> See also http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#s2.13 (on
> voting) and http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#s2.9 (on
> procedure and standing rules).
>
> 12. Assignment of responsibilities. The following official duties
> ultimately are the chair's responsibilities but can be delegated:
> secretary; editor; webmaster; liaison to other OASIS TCs or other
> standards efforts.
>
> 13. Organization of subcommittees, if necessary. (Optional.) Each
> subcommittee will require its own statement of purpose, chair and
editor,
> liaisons with other subcommittees, etc.
>
> 14 Confirmation of meeting schedule; ask for volunteers for hosting
> meetings.
>

> Minutes:
>

> View event details:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/orms/event.php?event_id=181