orms message

Subject: RE: [orms] Attendee list of aborted ORMS TC telecon 2008-06-11

Title: RE: [orms] Attendee list of aborted ORMS TC telecon 2008-06-11

Since the call was never convened, it doesn’t count towards anything. That said, the OASIS TC Process does allow for a meeting to proceed in the absence of a Chair since it defaults to Robert’s Rules anything that isn’t explicitly stated in the process. The appropriate rule can be found in Section 47:

Temporary Occupants of the Chair:

(typing partially here)

If the president is absent, the chair is occupied temporarily by another ... as follows: ...

3) An elected chairman pro tem. If neither the president nor any vice-president is present, the secretary - or in the secretary's absence some other member - should call the meeting to order, and the assembly should immediately elect a chairman pro tem to preside during that session. Such office is terminated by the entrance of the president or vice-president, or by the election of another chairman pro tem. ...

Since that didn’t happen and the meeting wasn’t called to order, no attendance can be recorded.

Regards,

Mary