Subject: SV: [plcs-dex] Missing links

Thomas,

If, which I doubt, you've been "messing" in a way which I would disagree about, I'm sure I can easily "correct" this... ;o)

My intention with the way I structured the pages was that it should be possible to use as you intend, - as a (stand-alone) documentation about PLCS, DEX's, DEXlib and OASIS (something a bit like the 'PDM Schema usage guide').
My final goal is to have an XSL which groups all the different XML files into one complete, which then more easily could be printed or copied into a word document. For now I haven't got the nessessary XSL skill for this but I'm slowly getting there... If you know someone who could, I'd appreciate his help.

I wish you the best of luck in convincing your customers!

Regards,
  Mats

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: Hendrix, Thomas E [mailto:thomas.e.hendrix@boeing.com]
Skickat: den 18 januari 2006 03:01
Till: Nilsson, Mats maxnn
Ämne: RE: [plcs-dex] Missing links

Mats,

I had a go at adding a few files to the help, and changing a very few tags. First, apologies for messing about in your files.  I only want to tidy up, so as to get to good links and some kind of information in each bucket.  I just find myself in an uncharacteristic hurry. We have some customers who have no clue about STEP and don't necessarily want PLCS -  yet :-) -  so I don't want to put trivial obstacles like broken links in their way.  I don't want to take ownership of this (really!!).

I tried to add to, rather than change, what was there. I was not completely sure what you have in mind for scope of, for example,  "oasis.xml", vs  "oasis_intro.xml".  So I just created a duplicate file oasis.xml from oasis_intro.xml. In a couple places like tec_Description.xml I copied part of  main_toc.xml  to create a more specific TOC for that material.

Regards,

Tom

Thomas E. Hendrix
Phone: 206-544-5276