plcs message

Subject: [no subject]

=20

Phil

=20

-----Original Message-----
From: Barker, Sean (UK) [mailto:sean.barker@baesystems.com]=20
Sent: 09 June 2005 10:27
To: Gordon Robb; Carl-Johan Wilen; mats.nilsson@fmv.se;
plcs@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [plcs] Groups - ref_data_procedure_v001.doc uploaded

=20

XML is the master, but XML is a combination of data, software and web
references. Since only some of these are under configuration control in
DEXLIB, there is a risk that, in the long term, the historical data will =
not
be reproducible, at least in the form that it was voted on. All long =
term
retention is a risk reduction exercise, as, in this case, is the =
retention
of the PDF. (I also suspect that with XML, the long term for data =
retention
is likely to be five years or less).

=20

Sean Barker