Subject: RE: [pmrm] OASIS PMRM TC: next steps

Peter –

For practice, I prefer ‘archetype’ PMAs first, then real life.

The reason: We learned from our experience with the Emergency Responder

use case that:

   - so much was missing from the (seemingly) detailed descriptions; that we had to provide (invent?)

  - the PMRM Methodology (moving to the actual operational implementation) reveals

    intrinsic “holes” in the use case

These are excellent learning experiences, but require the participation of subject matter experts (which we have!).

We wind up in the business of correcting/completing the use case. Certainly, this ability to do

use case introspection is a valuable by-product of applying the PMRM Methodology,

which helps to better define the use case. But, as you indicate, not easy, but more powerful.

For the ‘archetypal’ use case, we can contrive to make the use case description and

ingredients complete and focus on applying the PMRM Methodology.

But, let’s see what PMRM TC members want to work on themselves, possibly in small ‘sub-committees’.

Michael