Subject: Privacy Engineering...Its time to take the next steps

Greetings,

This is the first draft of what is intended to become a short IAPP blog and naturally a longer paper to be published in January 2017 prior to RSA 2017 in February.

This paper is intended to provide the raw material for the following 45 minute presentation at RSA (see below).

I plan to write the paper and certainly welcome input and feedback for you today and along the way.

Today I am looking for an individual that wishes to make the presentation at RSA;

Engineering privacy: A primer

As privacy moves from policy and law to operations and execution, many privacy professionals are beginning to focus on the "how" of privacy within their organizations. What are the controls, frameworks, checks and balances that can be applied to make sure your operation is performing at intended and that the correct questions are asked, and action taken, at the appropriate inflection points? Further, many organizations - from NIST to ISACA to IEEE to OASIS and more - are beginning to offer up standards, frameworks, and tools from which privacy pros can pick, choose, and steal. In this session, we'll provide an overview of what's emerging, where they seem to align, and where you might have to make some hard decisions for your organization.

Regards, Gail

Gail Magnuson LLC
Gail Ann Magnuson
Mobile: 1.704.232.5648