Subject: Re: Proposals for V2: RR as Web Services,Content-based queries,Authorization Policy Admin

> Attached are some proposals for some new functionality in V2. These
> proposals are largely motivation and use case oriented and do not
> generally provide a detailed solution. The detailed solutions would be
> developed by appropriate sub-teams only if the proposals are accepted
> for further work by the team.
>
> Please let me know if you would be interested in contributing to any of
> these proposals in the event that they are accpeted by the team for
> further work.
>
> I'd appreciate your thoughts and suggestions anytime over email and hope
> to discuss it at the next meeting (July 12, 4pm Eastern US Time,  ?20
> hours UT?)

  Isn't phase 2 focused on further refinement over existing material for the purposes of vendor acceptance and interoperability? Are broad additions to functionality such as this really warranted?

  If the sentiment of the group really does reflect a need for such spartan advances in functional capability, a better idea might be to start with something more mission-critical. For example, the current specification does not offer a mechanism for simply updating the name of a RegistryEntry.

  I agree with the Policy Administration path. The security model given in the phase 1 specification was not concrete enough to allow for interoperable policy management. This needs further work before we can support any kind of distributed model.
begin:vcard
n:Joya;Michael
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:XML Global;Development