Subject: Re: [regrep] Re: Republica Case Study (Was: Re: [regrep] Web Siteupdate request)

David:

What is the issue?  (not sure if I understand).  We are using the
registry uuid in conjunction with the registry accessor information to
make sure a person can always get back to the exact artifact the xml was
based on.  It can resolve at the generate time or subsequently.

The uuid is the same as a uid to me since if you use either with a uri t
specify the exact domain (registry) that the artifact must be unique
within, there is no problem (assuming that a DCE 128 bit algorythm for
generating a UUID as per the regrep specs will not likely generate two
identical uuid's by co-incidence).

Duane