Subject: Re: [egov] Re: [regrep] Re: [egov] Re: [regrep] [Fwd: ebXML withZ39.50 -- help needed!]

(Removing egov TC)

Carl Mattocks wrote:

>If the work of the ebXMLRegistry Query sub-team can be expanded to
>consider the value of XQuery, OWL, Topic Maps, Z39.50 / SRW (
>http://www.loc.gov/z3950/agency/zing/srw/index.html ) I would be willing
>to one of its co-heads .

The query sub-teams charter is to deal with issues directly related to
the QueryManager interface of the registry.
As such XQuery, Z39.50 fit well. OWL and Topic Maps have an important
supporting role to play in queries but are central to the core
information model. I would feel more comfortable having those two items
in an Information Model sub-team (which I would be willing to chair).

I definitely think we need to activate our query sub-team. I think
Carl's background in these areas would be a very good match for leading
this important sub-team.