Subject: Raw chat log of 2009-05-05 telcon

Simon Holdsworth: Agenda

Simon Holdsworth: 1. Opening

Introductions
Roll call
Scribe assignment

Top 10 on the scribe list:
Tom Rutt Fujitsu Limited
Jeff Mischkinsky Oracle Corporation
Plamen Pavlov SAP AG
Martin Chapman Oracle Corporation
Piotr Przybylski IBM
Anish Karmarkar Oracle Corporation
Ashok Malhotra Oracle Corporation
David Booz IBM
Bryan Aupperle IBM
Eric Johnson TIBCO Software Inc.

Agenda bashing

2. Approval of the minutes from 30th April

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/32352/SCA%20Bindings%20minutes%202009-04-30.doc

3. Actions

20090211-4 [General] Write up HTTP binding use cases
20090311-2 [Editors] Update specs for new assembly namespace
20090312-1 [Editors] Update schemas in specs as per
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/200903/msg00057.html
20090430-1 [David Booz] Submit updated proposal for issue BINDINGS-72
20090430-2 [Simon Nash] Produce two alternative proposals for resolution
of BINDINGS-23, along the lines of options 1) and 2) in the 20090430
minutes

4. New Issues

Please note, as per resolution on 9th October 2008, new issues received
on the mailing list after Noon GMT 1st November can only be opened using
the same voting rules as re-opening a closed issue (2/3 majority of a
full TC vote)

no new issues

5. Open Issue Summary/Schedule

Discuss ownership/deferral of issues.

Prioritise issue BINDINGS-72

Current schedule:

Must have issues resolved by April 16th
Public review draft available for TC comments April 23rd
Public review draft vote April 30th
Test assertions complete one month beyond PRD, test cases one month
after that.

Issues with proposed resolutions: 5
Issues with identified owner, no resolution: 0
Issues with no identified owner: 0

Survey outlook for issues with no proposed resolution (marked with * in
this list)

Simon Holdsworth: 48 (pri 3)
Anish Karmarkar: 2 (pri 2)
Eric Johnson: 54 (pri 1)
Simon Nash: 23 (pri 1)
David Booz: 72 (pri to be determined)

6. Conformance statement numbering

Discuss/agree on the updates to the specs for issues 62, 63.

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/32159/sca-binding-jms-1.1-spec-cd02-issue62-rev2.doc

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/31989/sca-binding-jca-1.1-spec-cd02-issue63.doc

7. Open Issue Discussion

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-23
@wsdlElement definition needs clarification on "equivalent" and use of
WSDL 2.0 constructs
Raiser: Eric Johnson, owner: Simon Nash

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-54
Endpoint URI algorithm is unclear
Raiser: Eric Johnson, owner: Eric Johnson
Latest email:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/200903/msg00107.html

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-2
How should SCA callback semantics be carried over Web Services?
Raiser: Simon Nash, owner: Anish Karmarkar
Latest email:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/200904/msg00038.html

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-48
How are mayProvide intents on bindings satisfied
Raiser: Ashok Malhotra, owner: Simon Holdsworth
Latest email:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/200903/msg00059.html

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-72
The qualifiers of the SOAP intent (1_1 and 1_2) should be defined to be
mutually exclusive
Raiser: David Booz, owner: David Booz

7. AOB

anish: Scribe: anish

anish: Topic: Approval of the minutes from 30th April

anish:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/32352/SCA%20Bindings%20minutes%202009-04-30.doc

anish: Minutes approved w/o

anish: Topic: Actions

anish: 20090430-2 -- Done

anish: Other AIs are still pending

anish: Topic: Open Issue Summary/Schedule

anish: SimonH: Should we prioritise issue BINDINGS-72? Do we need to
resolve it before PR

anish: SimonN: nice to have not must have

anish: Dave: +1

anish: No alternate opinion

anish: SimonH: this issue will be priority 2

anish: SimonH: 5 issues with proposals, 2 of them with priority 1

anish: Skipping agenda item # 6

Simon Holdsworth: Proposal for BINDINGS-23:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/200905/msg00006.html

anish: Topic: bindings-23

anish: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-23
@wsdlElement definition needs clarification on "equivalent" and use of
WSDL 2.0 constructs

anish: SimonN walks thru his proposal

anish: closely related to issue 54

anish: SimonN: could be runtime issues that may prevent a port/binding
from being used

anish: SimonN: divided between refs and services

anish: anish: can't reconcile between 1st must and 3rd must under open A

anish: SimonH: make the 1st must a definition

anish: SimonN: that words

anish: Anish: does for me as well

anish: SimonN: similar change needed for the reference porttion

anish: s/porttion/portion/

anish: SimonH: for references we need a runtime MUST use one of those ports

anish: SimonN: yes, agreed

anish: anish: under port 3rd MUST, it says 'an endpoint' rather thatn
'the endpoint'

anish: SimonN: that is deliberate, this intersects with issue 54

anish: ... 54 would clarify which endpoint would be used

anish: SimonN: for the reference case, I need to add that the runtime
must use the port to invoke the service

anish: SimonN: for the 3rd bullet under /binding.ws/@wsdlElement, for
the reference part, a similar sentence to say that the runtime must use
the selected binding to invoke the service, has to be added

anish: SimonN: need to say something about raising an error if the
runtime cannot expose the port

anish: SimonN: the last part (under "4") is identical to what was in the
previous proposal

anish: MikeE: still in favor of option B

anish: SimonN: not too much overhead to keep working on both. Would like
to continue the 2 options approach and when we have the final thing done
we can vote on it

anish: Action: SimonN to send a new proposal later today

anish: SimonN: pl. send comments by email before the call

anish: Topic: bindings-54

anish: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-54
Endpoint URI algorithm is unclear

anish: Eric: lean towards pushing this after issue 23

anish: ... but can perhaps work around it

anish: MikeE: in that case we can push for a resolution between option A
and B now

anish: Topic: bindings-23

anish: Motion: m:MikeE s:Bryan Use option B in simon's proposal as a
direction for resolution of issue 23

anish: Motion: m:MikeE s:Bryan Use option B in the proposal at
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/200905/msg00006.html
as a direction for resolution of issue 23

anish: Amendment by Simon: replace option B with option A

anish: no second to the amendment

anish: SimonH: back to the main motion (unamended)

anish: Motion passes 5-1-1

anish: SimonH: we'll go with option B

anish: Eric: will revise proposal for issue 54 to take into account the
directional resolution for issue 23

anish: Action: eric to provide a new proposal for issue 54

anish: Action: anish to provide a new inlined proposal for issue 2 which
addresses optional conformance

anish: meeting adjourned