Subject: raw minutes for 11.08

Mark Ford: Agenda approved

Mark Ford: 4. Approval of Nov 1, 2007 meeting minutes
   Raw transcript: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200711/msg00024.html

Mark Ford: No response on approval for previous minutes

Mark Ford: Chairs will take responsibility of formatting raw minutes

Mark Ford: No objection to approving minutes

Mark Ford: 5. Action items review
   http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bpel/members/action_items.php

Mark Ford: a) AI #0010 Mike Edwards - Notify all the OpenCSA TCs about update to the Issues Process for allowing status change from 'Applied' to 'Resolved'

Mark Ford: Action Item was done by Mike Edwards

Mark Ford: b) AI #0013 Danny van der Rijn - come back with a rewording proposal for issue-5

Mark Ford: Action Item was done by Danny van der Rijn

Mark Ford: c) AI #0014 Michael Pelligrini  propose a sentence for resolving the 2nd part of issue 11

Mark Ford: Action item was done by Michael Pelligrini

Mark Ford: d) AI #0015 Michael Rowley  follow up on the 1st part of issue 11 on email

Mark Ford: Michael is not on the call, leaving action item open

Mark Ford: 6. Filename and URL Consistency
   Steering Committee recommendation:
   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200710/msg00063.html

Mark Ford: Summary of issue - namespace convention

Mark Ford: No discussion of issue

Mark Ford: Mike Edwards moves to accept proposal

Mark Ford: Mike Edwards moves to accept proposal

Mark Ford: Anish seconds

Mark Ford: no objections, motion passed

Mark Ford: 7. New Issues

Mark Ford: a> Issue 15: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-15
     TITLE: Define Conformance Targets
     SUBMITTED BY: Martin Chapman
     http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200711/msg00028.html

Mark Ford: Summary of issue by Martin Chapman. Use of RFC 2119 language within spec.

Mark Ford: No questions or comments

Mark Ford: No objections, issue accepted

Mark Ford: 8. Issue Discussion

Mark Ford: a) Issue 5 http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-5
      TITLE: The algorithm for deciding whether a partnerLink is a service or a reference needs to be deterministic
      SUBMITTED BY: Danny van der Rijn
      Additional emails:
      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200709/msg00038.html
      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200710/msg00021.html
      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200710/msg00022.html

Alex Yiu: Latest email for Issue 5 :

Alex Yiu: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200711/msg00016.html

Mark Ford: Danny summarizes issue

Mark Ford: Definition of static analysis required

Mark Ford: Martin: how does this differ than ws-bpel SA ?

Mark Ford: Danny: For the purposes of determining whether something is a service or reference you cannot evaluate the expressions.

Sanjay: There is no one in the Q, so I am fine with the free form discussion at the moment

Mark Ford: sorry

Mark Ford: The WS-BPEL 2.0 doesn't include any language for static analysis of expressions

Mark Ford: Sanjay: We should identify the purpose of SA

Mark Ford: Martin: we're only doing SA for which end of plink a process implements.

Mark Ford: Martin: All we have to say is that we need to ignore expression

Mark Ford: Danny: In agreement, but looking for a way to put into a coherent normative sentence

Martin C: we could say that sca static alanysis MUST ignore and and MUST NOT evaluate expressions

Sanjay: An SCA static analysis is the class of the valid static BPEL static analysis that does not evaluate expressions. The purpose of the SCA static analysis is to derive SCA Service and Reference for a BPEL process definition.

Mark Ford: Danny: we could vote on intent and let the editors fix it up

Sanjay: An SCA static analysis is the class of the valid static BPEL static analysis that does not evaluate expressions. The purpose of the SCA static analysis is to derive SCA Services and References for a BPEL process definition.

Mark Ford: change made to make Service and Reference plural

Mark Ford: Danny made motion to accept, Martin seconded

Alex Yiu: typo in "the valid static BPEL static analysis" ...

Mark Ford: Martin amends motion to have editors do "editorial fixup"

Mark Ford: Danny accepts as a friendly amendment, no objections

Alex Yiu: "An SCA static analysis is the class of the BPEL static analysis that does not evaluate expressions. The purpose of the SCA static analysis is to derive SCA Services and References for a BPEL process definition."

Mark Ford: Martin: editorial fixup does not change the intent of the text

Alex Yiu: s/the valid static BPEL static analysis/the BPEL static analysis

Mark Ford: Martin: in other cases, some motions will be crafted text and NOT to be changed by editors

Mark Ford: Danny: agrees with Martin that editors should have leeway in some cases but in other cases they should not

Mark Ford: no other discussion for ammendment, no objections

Mark Ford: +1

Mark Ford: Martin: clarifying the current motion: Have the editors insert the above text, making it read better

Mark Ford: Danny: email includes a from and to to help the editors identify where the change is needed in the spec

Sanjay: s/the partnerLink MUST be wired to corresponding SCA service/the partnerLink MUST be associated with the corresponding SCA service

s/the service MUST be wired using a binding/the service MUST be configured using a binding

Mark Ford: Sanjay: making a motion to ammend

Mark Ford: Martin: the motion is only about the wording for static analysis

anish does it matter, sanjay can make any amendment he wants. No?

Mark Ford: Sanjay withdraws amendment

Mark Ford: no objections, motion passed

Alex Yiu: +1 to Sanjay's suggestion

Sanjay: s/the partnerLink MUST be wired to corresponding SCA service/the partnerLink MUST be associated with the corresponding SCA service

s/the service MUST be wired using a binding/the service MUST be configured using a binding

Mark Ford: Summary: Issue 5 - part 1 on static analysis was passed

Mark Ford: Current discussion is Issue 5 - part 2 on usage of term "wire" within the text

Mark Ford: Alex: suggests that all of the changes are grouped together to make the editing easier

Mark Ford: MArtin: people making proposals are responsible for providing the exact text

Sanjay: An SCA static analysis is the class of the BPEL static analysis that does not evaluate expressions. The purpose of the SCA static analysis is to derive SCA Services and References for a BPEL process definition.

Mark Ford: Martin: The first removal of wire is fine, but the second is consistent with the SCA text

Mark Ford: Sanjay: We need to produce a concrete proposal

Sanjay: s/the partnerLink MUST be wired to corresponding SCA service/the partnerLink MUST be associated with the corresponding SCA service

s/the service MUST be wired using a binding/the service MUST be configured using a binding

Mark Ford: Sanjay: Move that we do the changes that were cut/pasted earlier

Mark Ford: Martin: We need the whole text to provide the context for the changes

Sanjay: An SCA static analysis is the class of the BPEL static analysis that does not evaluate expressions. The purpose of the SCA static analysis is to derive SCA Services and References for a BPEL process definition.

Mark Ford: Sanjay pastes proposal for part 1 (above)

Sanjay: If a an SCA static analysis of the process determines that it is possible that the first message for a partner link will be received in a <receive> activity, the <onMessage> element of a <pick> activity or the <onEvent> element of an event handler then the partner link MUST be associated with a corresponding SCA service in the component type. If the partner link declaration has initializePartnerRole="yes", then the service MUST must be configured using a binding that knows the identity of the partner as soon as the partner link becomes active (e.g. the binding cannot depend on using a reply-to field as the mechanism to initialize partner role.).

Mark Ford: Sanjar pastes proposal for part 2 (above)

Mark Ford: Sanjay motions to change the text to read as above

Mark Ford: no further discussion on the motion, no objection, motion is passed

Martin C: martin 2nd the motion

Mark Ford: Sanjay: Still discussing issue 5, we have enough for a formal proposal now

Mark Ford: Danny: This change goes in Section 2.1

Mark Ford: Issue 5 resolved

Mark Ford: Alex: was issue 14 opened?

Mark Ford: Sanjay: yes

Mark Ford: no other business, call ended