Subject: Minutes of 2008-04-10 telcon

New:

Resolutions

Minutes

Scribe: Khanderao Kand

approval of april 3rd 2008 minutes: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200804/msg00012.html

<anish>
minutes approved

AI review

Action Item : Editors to apply changes in the doc: Michael Rowley

No update from Detier on Action Item 33.

Action Item 33 transferred to MikeRowley

Action Item 33 and 34 assigned to Mike Rowley

No update from Detier on Action #0034: Editors to revise some spec sections to apply RFC 2119 terminology while using concrete conformance targets . Tentative ETA next week.

Re: Action Item #0036 MikeE to raise an issue with the liaison subcommittee regarding RelaxNG/Schematron

Action Item 36: Done

Issue Discussions 13 and 18

Issue 16 postponed for future

b) Issue 15 http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-15
TITLE- Define Conformance Targets
SUBMITTED BY- Martin Chapman
Anish:
Do we need to approve conformance target ?
<anish>
<anish>
<anish>
<anish>
MartinC:
As a conformance test we need define BPEL component type generation rules in terms of RFC-2119 . Specs does not say/should not say who/which tool does it.
<Mike Edwards>
the compoennt type is testable however
<Mike Edwards>
even though it is virtual
Anish:
Conformance target could be BPEL file or ComponentType if it exists
MIkeE:
Even if Component Type virtual, it is testable.
MikeE:
It is unwise to assume "how" generation is done
MikeRowley:
Testing is output or generator of the output?
<Mike Edwards>
+1
MikeRowley:
what is tested? Anish's example gives examples of tests like generated artifacts. Testables should be take input and generate testable constraints. We do not need to say "where" but should be able to say that my software does it.
MikeE:
We should concentrate on consequence and not the means.
<Mike Edwards>
it could be done in a number of places, there is no one entity that would take a BPEL process and derive its componentType
MartinC:
We are defining fine grained conformance constraints. Hence we should be able to test constraints like "statement x results into y".

Issue discussion: No conclusion. However, Anish suggested MikeR to get pick up a section that talks about componentType and propose examples of conformance constraints and target. Discussion would continue over email and future meeting.

[End of Minutes]
Formatted on 2008-04-15 at 17:30:10 GMT-7

Minutes formatted by Schreiber, a collection of XSLT stylesheets by Bob Freund modeled after David Booth's scribe

Schreiber diagnostics output

[Delete this section before publishing the minutes]

citation-detection-scribed: Line 22: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Action Item '

citation-detection-scribed: Line 34: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Action Item 36'

citation-detection-scribed: Line 78: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Issue discussion'

statistics: Schreiber found 49 input lines

edits: Schreiber found no text-edit commands

command-scribe: Line 5: Khanderao Kand recognized

command-scribe: Schreiber detected that this section was scribed online

system: Transformer: SAXON 9.0.0.2

[End of Schreiber diagnostic output]