Subject: [security-services] SubjectType confusion

Hi All,

I would like to ask you for the explanation of the SubjectType XML Schema type (from the draft-sstc-schema-assertion-25.xsd file), because there is some confusion about how to understand this type. For example when I receive this SAML fragment:

<NameIdentifier .../>
<SubjectConfirmation>
</SubjectConfirmation>

How can I decide, whether this is the sequence from the XML Schema:

<sequence>
        <element ref="saml:NameIdentifier"/>
        <element ref="saml:SubjectConfirmation" minOccurs="0"/>
</sequence>

or whether it is two times the choice, first time chosen the sequence with omitted SubjectConfirmation element and second time the SubjectConfirmation element outside the sequence ?

Thank you for any advice.

Sincerely,

Jan Alexander
WASP Server Project Leader, Systinet (formerly Idoox)
http://www.systinet.com