smartgrid-discuss message

Subject: Re: [smartgrid-discuss] Passive homes - Maybe we won't have to worry about pricing!

Sounds like some city boys.

I grew up in an Adobe House (not the software kind). When the goats got out, they would leap up to and stand on the windowsills (the walls were a foot thick.) It was a nice thermal isolation set up for life in the desert. Of course, if you didn't keep it painted, the walls disolved...

We used wind power as well. Wind pumped all our water out of deep wells. We stored wind power as potential energy in the sense that water was way up in the air. During  black-outs, we still had perfect water pressure.

These ideas are not new. Digital controls and information technology are new. We are trying to apply them, in a standards based symmetric way to the distribution, marketing, sales, storage, generation, conversion, and recycling of elctrons...

tc