tag message

Subject: RE: [tag] The Update Process

Thanks Stephen: that looks much better...

About proposed updates to the draft:

From now on, proposed updates must follow a process a bit more rigorous,
as we mentioned in a recent meeting:

1. the proposed update is submitted as an "guideline-related issue
(GRI)"
That should be done on the wiki at the:
 "Documents (work in progress) / Guideline-related issue" section:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/tag/DocIssues
You have to pick an issue # for your new issue.
Because we have now a "wiki copy" of the draft, you can IN ADDITION
annotate the wiki to show the proposed change (must be distinguished
from the rest of the text, e.g. by using pseudo tags with issue# in
them, like "<gri123>, so that we can search them)

2. In meetings, the TC approves, or rejects, proposals for open issues.

3. Then only the editor (you) can report the proposed update in the
draft in progress. As long as the issue proposal does not appear in a
draft that has been voted by the TC, the issue status remains "pending"
in the wiki. The editor turns the status to "closed" when the TAG draft
is voted as the next CD ("committee draft")

That's the way many others TC do - a bit buraucratic but prevents
potential confusion / misunderstandings / arguments as what has been
decided and what has not...

Jacques