tag message

Subject: Notes on Issues from Schedule A meeting Feb 6th

I made these notes at the Schedule A meeting on Feb 6th

I mainly noted the issues and resolutions (pending Schedule B)
so I've put them on the issues list and I note them here in the
same format. (I put two other issues on the wiki which I haven't
included here as they were not part of the meeting #6 and #8.
They were from emails and apply to edits I have provisionally
made.)

[I also note we agreed that these would be subject to agreement in
the Schedule B meeting too so apologies for jumping the gun in
that respect by making updates to the wiki version of the draft
already. I will add the issue numbers to the draft in the appropriate
places and I note that I will roll back changes if agreement isn't
reached. Only the agreed changes will go into the next document of
course.]

Issues discussed with resolutions in Schedule A meeting were as follows:

Issue 003: Introduction needs be reworded

Proposal 1: Lynne R's rewording : see
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/200802/msg00005.html

Resolution: Schedule A: accepted Schedule B: TBD

Issue 004: (Kevin L) Prose needs to replace bulleted lists
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/200802/msg00006.html

Proposal 1: As consensus matures for parts of document which use
mainly lists, convert these lists to prose sentences

Resolution: Schedule A: accepted Schedule B: TBD

Issue 005: (Kevin L) Lists need to be clearer in wiki version of text
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/200802/msg00006.html

Proposal 1: This is due to hurried conversion from document to wiki.
Improve on this manually.

Resolution: Schedule A: accepted Schedule B: TBD

Issue 007: (Schedule A, 6 Feb) There needs to be a summary of
essential and optional TA components early in section 2

Proposal 1: DM to provide some text to follow shortly after
Observation #1 so that summary of components is introduced after
interested whetted by Observation #1

Resolution: Schedule A: accepted Schedule B: TBD

Issue 009: (Schedule A, 6 Feb) Section 3 should revisit basic
components and explore corner cases then address optional components.

Proposal 1: Review start of Section 3 and possibly add some of the
content from the Summary section

Resolution: TBD

Issue 010: (Schedule A, 6 Feb) Section 3.2 is really about techniques,
not components

Proposal 1: Change title of 3.2 from 'Optional Test Assertion
Elements' to 'Optional Test Assertion Techniques'

Resolution: Schedule A: accepted Schedule B: TBD

Issue 011: (Schedule A, 6 Feb) Summary: Grouping section should be about Tags

Proposal 1: Change title and some of the wording for the Summary
section on Grouping to cover Tags as components and update Grouping
section in 3 to cover tagging as a technique

Resolution: Schedule A: accepted Schedule B: TBD

Issue 012: (Schedule A, 6 Feb) Summary: Sequence section should put
emphasis on Dependencies

Proposal 1: Change title and some of the wording for the 3.2 section
on Sequences to cover techniques for describing Dependencies
(sequences in schemes as well as tags and prerequisites) and update
Summary accordingly

Resolution: Schedule A: accepted Schedule B: TBD

Issue 013: (David M -
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag-comment/200712/msg00002.html
and Schedule A, 6 Feb) Summary: Should include Variables

Proposal 1: Add section on Variables in Summary and in Section 3.2

Resolution: Schedule A: accepted Schedule B: TBD

--
Stephen D. Green

Partner
SystML, http://www.systml.co.uk