tag message

Subject: Starting an issues list?

Dear TAG TC,

I guess we will need an issues list. Any progress/thoughts
about having and using a Jira account?

I'm not sure how our TC comments will need to be separated
from external/public comments. I will have a few comments
of my own on how things might be improved after public review.
After this month I may have to submit comments via the
public comments list. Are we supposed to keep TC comments
separate and try to make such comments before the review
rather than during it?

My comment for now is that I think there would be special
benefit in having the schema itself reviewed. I passed it
through the W3C online schema validator and found I got
a few warnings because there are places where simpleContent
is specified as having mixed content (mixed content when
there are no child elements, I think that means). Some
review of this and any other related schema design features
might be warranted and might require minor changes to the
model as well as the schema (but these should not, I hope,
affect XML instances).

Best regards

Steve
---