tag message

Subject: Re: [tag] Starting an issues list?

On 2/4/10 7:23 AM, Stephen Green wrote:
> Dear TAG TC,
>
> I guess we will need an issues list. Any progress/thoughts
> about having and using a Jira account?

Stephen,

We were recently looking at hosting our Open Source projects on a Sun
site called "Kenai", which was using Jira as the defect reporting
system.   We found Jira to be better than our other Open Source
alternatives (such as IssueTracker).  I think Jira would work well for TAG.

> I'm not sure how our TC comments will need to be separated
> from external/public comments. I will have a few comments
> of my own on how things might be improved after public review.
> After this month I may have to submit comments via the
> public comments list. Are we supposed to keep TC comments
> separate and try to make such comments before the review
> rather than during it?
I think you can define keywords (called 'tags' in Jira speak) and attach
them to bugs/tasks/new-feature/improvements.  This is probably the best
way to do this.  You can filter reports based on these things.

Regards,
Kevin