tag message

Subject: TAG TC 2011-05-10 Meeting Minutes

Test Assertions Guidelines (TAG) TC Teleconference Meeting

Date: Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 2pm (PDT), 21:00 UTC.

Logistics

---------

Tuesday 2pm (PDT), 21:00Z, 10 May 2011.

Host confcall: Fujitsu  US Toll Free: 877-995-3314 US Toll/International: 210-339-1806

Passcode: 9589308

Attendance and Quorum

---------------------

5/5 Voting Members attending satisfied the 3/5 quorum requirement

MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE

* Jaques Durand, Chair (Fujitsu)

* Dennis E. Hamilton (Individual)

* Frederick Boland (NIST)

* Kevin Looney (Oracle)

* Paul Rank (Oracle)

 [*: Voting Member at start and conclusion of meeting (5)

  +: Becomes Voting Member at conclusion of meeting (0)

  =: Persistent non-Voting Member at start and conclusion of the meeting (0)]

MEMBERS ABSENT

   Dale Moberg (Axway Software)

   Hyunbo Cho (Individual)

   Youngkon Lee (Individual)

   Kyoung_Rog Yi (National IT Industry Promotion Agency, Korea)

= Patrick Curran (Oracle)

   Dmitry Kostovarov, (Oracle)

   Victor Rudometov, (Oracle)

 [*: Voting member at start and conclusion of the meeting (0)

  -: Becomes non-Voting member at conclusion of the meeting (0)

  =: Persistent non-Voting Member at start and conclusion of meeting (1)]

1. ADMINISTRATIVE MATTERS

    1.1 APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES

The 2011-03-29 Minutes were approved without objection,

   < http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/201104/msg00002.html>.

The 2011-04-19 Minutes were approved without objection,

   < http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/201105/msg00007.html>.

The 2004-04-26 Minutes were approved wtihout objection,

   <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/201105/msg00009.html>

    1.2 APPROVAL OF AGENDA

The agenda was followed:

< http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/201105/msg00008.html>

    [Note: If the TAG list does not appear to render properly, change your browser settings to view the pages as Unicode (UTF-8).]

2. BALLOT RESULTS, REVIEW OF COMMENTS AND OF DOCUMENTS

The ballot to approve the CSD and CSN drafts for Public Review had passed.

Paul Rank (who had voted for the approval) moved that the ballot motion be reconsidered.  Kevin Loony seconded.  The motion to reconsider was approved without objection.

Paul moved to withdraw the ballot motion and withdraw the working drafts as CSD and CSN drafts for Public Review.  The motion to withdraw forwarding of the working drafts to CSD and CSN was approved without objection.

We then examined the individual documents and the comments received during the ballot or at this meeting.

   2.1 Test Assertions Guidelines Committee Note.

New draft provided prior to the meeting: <http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=42083>.

Jacques points out that the front matter will be handled as needed when the document is approved.  There are standard changes that will happen.

   Dennis proposed that the white space in the TAML example of section 5.3 be adjusted to not make peculiar line breaks and have a more pleasant layout.

   Other changes are in the latest diff (above) are accepted by the TC.

   Dennis moved that the current draft be accepted as CND06 with the editorial modifications that we have agreed to.  Kevin seconded.  The motion was approved without objection.

   2.2 Test Assertions Model Committee Specification

New draft provided prior to the meeting: <http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=42084>.

   We agreed to remove <language> from the Test Assertion object.  In the section on Test Assertion a section on ID will be added, even though it may be redundant, so we can be explicit that each member of Test Assertion is described.  Also, the statement about there being descriptions only for the complex/associations can be removed.

   Jacques will prepare another WD in a couple of days and initiate an electronic ballot to make it a CSD.

   2.3 Test Assertion Markup Committee Specification

New draft provided prior to the meeting: <http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=42085>.

   It was noticed that TAML has the id attribute on the taml:testAssertion element be optional whereas it is required in the TA Model.

   We also noticed that the lg attribute is not strictly a counterpart of language in the TA Model. In the markup example, it appears that lg is being used to name a formal language that is being used, and it only applies where formal language might be used.  Also, if we are going to identify specific formal languages, we might want to use the URIs of their specifications rather than an informal title.

   It appears that there is a problem with @lg being a default for too many places where @lg is optional on descendants of the test assertion and in other places.  Also, this has nothing to do with where xml:lang might appear, and how language is signified in that case.

   Finally, the use of an attribute named "id" that does not have a value of type ID may create problems in some situations.  Although this normally has to do with situations where a non-validating processor does not know the schema and attempts to determine by supplemental connection what the attributes with values of type ID happen to be.

   Dennis has the action to check on this and report whether this is of enough concern to change the name of the attribute in TAML.

   The considerations about ID as well as concerns about lg and xml:lang need to be continued on the TAG TC List.

3. NEXT CALL

The next call is in two weeks (05-24).  We can continue review on the list.  Also, a ballot can be started after there are new drafts.

 - Dennis E. Hamilton