ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] Duplicate Definition of Documentation Parameters

I am actually using an unmodified version of the UBL schemas in the xsdrt
directory.  I have two tools - XMYSpy and Visual Studio.  The XMLSpy seems
to validate all the schemas with no errors.  But, my Visual Studio tool,
gives a long list of "Global element has already been defined" errors in the
CommonAggregateComponents schema - but no errors appear in the maindoc
schemas.

I am actually writing custom schemas and trying to replicate the
structure/syntax of the UBL schemas.  I started getting these errors on my
custom schemas and then attempted to validate the UBL schemas to narrow down
the error to one that I caused or one that I replicated.

The problem is that we are tyring to implement webMethods as our broker.
That tool seems to import the main schema as well as all of the imported
schema files.  This same type of error appears within webMethods when it
hits the CAC schema.  When we played around with webMethods, the only fix we
came up with was to remove the documentation - and that resolved the
problem.

I was interested in finding out if anyone knew if this was truly a toolset
problem or some sort of problem that I could correct from within the
schemas.  Since we wrote the schemas in XMLSpy, we never hit this problem
and I'm afraid of having to rewrite a bunch of stuff.  I'm thinking that
since XML Spy seems to be ok, that it is a toolset problem - but I just
wans't sure.

Kathleen C. Morgan
PRIME - IRS EDMO
(301) 731-6768