ubl-hisc message

Subject: Agenda for HISC teleconferences

Fellow HISC members,

The next two teleconferences for UBL HISC are scheduled as:

14H30 - 16H30 UTC THURSDAY 9 FEBRUARY 2006
    06h30 - 08h30 Mon San Francisco
    09h30 - 11h30 Mon New York
    22h30 - 00h30 Tue Hong Kong, Singapore, Perth, Beijing
    23h30 - 01h30 Tue Seoul, Tokyo
    01h30 - 03h30 Tue Sydney
    STANDING INFORMATION FOR UBL CONFERENCE CALLS
    U.S. domestic toll-free number: (866)839-8145
    Int. access/caller paid number: (865)524-6352
    Access code: 5705229
    IRC:  irc.oasis-open.org::6667     /join &ubl

14H30 - 16H30 UTC TUESDAY 14 FEBRUARY 2006
    06h30 - 08h30 Mon San Francisco
    09h30 - 11h30 Mon New York
    22h30 - 00h30 Tue Hong Kong, Singapore, Perth, Beijing
    23h30 - 01h30 Tue Seoul, Tokyo
    01h30 - 03h30 Tue Sydney
    STANDING INFORMATION FOR UBL CONFERENCE CALLS
    U.S. domestic toll-free number: (866)839-8145
    Int. access/caller paid number: (865)524-6352
    Access code: 5705229
    IRC:  irc.oasis-open.org::6667     /join &ubl

(and following Tuesdays to the end of March unless we get another
request for change)

Agenda:

  - review of UBL 2.0 preliminary outline for UBL 2.0 support
materials as described in the Manhattan minutes:

       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200602/msg00005.html

  - from that summary I glean the following deliverables related to HISC
in the Support Package:

       Output formatting specifications (may not include all doctypes)
          Owners: HISC (GHK and ZR, possible DK consultant)
          Timeline: 8 doc types, end of Feb; cutoff end of May
          Dependency: mid-April cutoff for all layouts;
             sample instances from SBS now; examples from DK assumed
             by mid-March
          Stylesheets at same time as completion of formatting specs
       Input mapping and XForms
          Owner: BR
          Timeline: don't know; will start right away;
             cutoff end of may

  - other related items in the support package (but not the
responsibility of HISC as a committee, but the responsibility of HISC
members outside of the committee)

       Sample implementations of output formatting specifications (GKH)
       Sample implementations of input mappings and XForms (BR)

  - an item I would like to add to the support package is the list of
known implementations of the output and input specifications so that
people who obtain the package will see where implementations other
than the included samples can be found.  Personally, I'm reluctant to
include the samples as they are only a snapshot of a couple of
implementations, so the pointers could be framed in prose that
indicates "the latest implementations can be found..." as well as
point to alternative implementations.  One thing that never happened
with UBL 1.0 is a dynamic web page on the OASIS site that can be
updated by HISC with the list of known implementations that would,
hopefully, entice other implementers to make their implementations
known (Zarella, would your new secretary responsibilities give you
this action of considering how we would do this effectively?)

  - Zarella, if you have time in advance of the meeting please post
the current set of output formatting specifications you created in
Ottawa?  I see two action items regarding those documents:  (1)
review of machine-processable form properties from DocBook sources
(GKH); and (2) review of prose and document structure (ZR and rest of
committee)

  - Bryan and Peter, if you have time in advance of the meeting
please post your objectives and plans for:  (1) the writing of input
mappings and XForms specifications for use by anyone to create an
implementation (part of HISC responsibility); and (2) the Danish
implementation of those specifications as a representative example
and a resource for others to use (not part of HISC responsibility,
but still can be included in the package)

  - by tomorrow's meeting OASIS should have posted revised guidelines
to the writing of OASIS specifications using DocBook that I am
completing today, so I could review that with HISC members

  - note from the Manhattan minutes that the UBL committee is
expecting from us a draft package by the end of February outlining or
even detailing (if possible) as much of our deliverables as possible,
so please consider how much you feel can be done by that time (note
that for output specifications the only commitment for UBL 2 is the
eight document types of UBL 1, but it would be nice if we had more
document types by that time)

  - the UBL committee will also want to know what we think we might
be able to do, and what our dependencies will be, regarding the
end-of-May cutoff

  - I'd like to discuss who will take on the packaging of HISC
materials to deliver to the UBL committee for inclusion in the
packages (Zarella, could you please consider taking this step on?)

  - please note that I personally have both standalone and support
package responsibilities related to code lists that will impact on my
contribution time for HISC

If any member has other suggestions for agenda items for these
meetings, please post them.  If we can do as much work as possible
over the mail lists, that will reduce the time needed for the teleconferences.

Thanks!

--
Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO hands-on courses: Washington,DC 2006-03-13/17
Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc