ubl-hisc message

Subject: Re: SV: [ubl-hisc] input specs

Thanks for the update, Bryan.

At 2006-04-04 13:25 +0200, Bryan  Rasmussen wrote:
>Typos and layout will of course be fixed for publication, but I don't like
>focusing on them in the rough drafts. Probably not a good habit on my part.
>At any rate very far from publication yet.

Yes, of course ... sorry for being picky.

> >(7) - you don't mention punctuation in the currencies discussion
>will add this, especially relevant in the context of Scandinavian
>applications as a currency value of 1,000.00 would be represented as 1.000,00
>So a discussion of internationalization of Currency?

Well, not so very in-depth ... just a exposition of the issue that a
number typed by a person is not always acceptable as a number in
computer processing.  That any punctuation has to be removed such
that all that remains is a "." as the decimal separator.

> >(9) - I think the discussion of static form regions might need more
> >detail because I'm not quite grasping the essence of what you are
> >trying to convey.
>
>Basically that we don't want the user to have to manually enter data that
>will be the same from instance to instance, data that will be essentially
>static and can be placed into the output by the application itself.

Ah.

>I haven't had any time to work on this, basically I think my schedule will
>loosen up again in two weeks, and then I should hopefully be split directly
>between this project, and designing rules for casehandling XML Schemas and
>similar casehandling scenarios in our organization.

Good luck!  I hope you can make time for us.

>Cheers,
>Bryan Rasmussen

Since I'm on the road and with a customer during the day I am unable
to convene a meeting today, so the timing of your status was good so
that the committee knows your progress.

Zarella, if you could please post a quick note on your progress as
well, that will let me know when to expect your work for me to do my
bit with your end results.

Have a good week, all ... I am expecting to be available next week.

--
Registration open for XSLT/XSL-FO training: Wash.,DC 2006-06-12/16
Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc