ubl-security message

Subject: Re: [ubl-security] R: [ubl-security] Security SC schedule

Dear Julián,

I appreciate and share your committment in ensuring the signature
interoperability, however I please ask you and all UBL Security members to
limit our effort on recommending a clear methodology on using electronic
signatures together with UBL, but we have to avoid the design of
"profiles" which are a subsequent step and the responsability of
implementers.

Policies rules are a specific optional use of signatures and could be
better regulated or even mandated by local countries or wider communities.

UBL cannot endorse or impose a specific policy.

We can however "suggest" best practices for specific business scenarios to
achieve interoperability.

We can suggest the ETSI specifications and profiles, but we can't have a
full UBL profile, just one or two templates as a guide to implementers.

Maybe a Policy "template" could be used just as a sample.

Also I am not sure we can provide even a default implicit set of rules to
be used in absence of a specific policy.

UBL already handles the concepts of a "Profile", so an implicit set of
rules (like signature policies) could be associated to a given profile
(like NES or BII) by specifically using the cbc:UBLProfileID with a
meaninful URI that precisely identifies that profile and scenario.

I hope this mail is of help to concentrate our efforts on the main target
which is to provide asap a simple guide to the UBL Community and a
basement for Governments that are going to recommend the use of UBL and
eSignatures.

Best regards,

Roberto Cisternino

--