ubl-security message

Subject: Re: [ubl-security] UBL-XAdES-Profile 1.0-RC1

The main problem we are addressing is that when trying to us cac:Signature we need to create them jointly with the stamping of the digital signature in the extension. This makes the signature and verification process very complex.

When facing the problem of really signing a UBL document we encountered that issue: We were not able to proceed to change the cac:Signature xml instance fragment and adding the signature easily. We were not able to use already existant software tools to place enveloped signatures due to the fact of this specific new functionality,

Besides that, the existance of the UBL cac:Signature element does not add any value. It can only be a source of inconsistencies between the items stated in cac:Signature and the ones stated inside the digital signature. UBL already had the cac:Signature element, so we just kept it as optional for backwards compatibility. But the idea is not using it, as it is not required.

Regards, Oriol