Subject: Re: [virtio-comment] Re: [virtio] RE: [virtio-comment] proposal: use admin command (and aq) of the device to query config space

On Wed, Aug 02, 2023 at 11:44:46AM +0000, Parav Pandit wrote:

> [...]

There's one thing to say about putting everything in one place,
and that is that one can then find everything in one place.
For example, at the moment we actually do have a problem with cvq,
and the problem is that it sets internal device state
that is not observable (unlike original pre-1.0 config
space which was writeable).

By the way there's a pci express ECN for relaxed ordering or something
like this. I am yet to look at it, I wonder whether it can be
used to avoid the issues we have with MMIO in a way
that is easier to use than DMA.

--
MST