Subject: Re: PAC agenda 2000.01.06

On 4 Jan 00, at 22:34, Jon Bosak wrote:

> Agenda for the PAC meeting 2000.01.06:

Since I have a bad cold and no voice, and feel worse than I sound, I won't be attending this call.
> 1. Discuss/approve draft language for requirements and design
>    principles (see separate message).
>
> 2. Decide whether PAC phone conferences shall be open to
>    non-members.

What sort of non-members? Do you mean non-voting-members? I
have no objection to observers listening, but I think voting members
who have committed their time to participate should have
preference in speaking rights. Obviously observers will also have
interesting things to say, so must also be allowed to say them if
they are allowed to attend. Allowing observers to take part could
therefore place more of a burden on the chair.

> Due to a series of events that I am committed to attend, the next
> several meetings will have to end at least half an hour earlier than
> previously scheduled (3:30 p.m. California time).  I will be asking
> the committee's permission to move the meetings from 2-4 p.m. to 1-3
> p.m. for the next ten weeks.

I have no objection to this.

Lauren