Subject: Re: re ebxml

[btusdin@mulberrytech.com:]

| It seems to me that the situation Terry describes, in which a
| group develops a specification outside the OASIS process, with or
| without the participation of OASIS members or even OASIS as an
| organization, is covered in the process we have been discussing.
| This specification would simply enter the OASIS process fairly
| late in the life cycle, which we have said we would allow.
|
| I suggest that this is exactly what should happen [...]

I agree.  Procedurally, there should be no difference between a
specification in the development of which OASIS collaborates and
one developed solely by an outside organization.  In either case,
the result comes into the process as a candidate draft standard
hoping to have the status of draft standard conferred upon it by
whatever authority or process we set up for this purpose.

Jon