Subject: Re: re recording votes

[dalapeyre@mulberrytech.com:]

| In the 9th edition, Section 47: Minutes: Content of the Minutes:,
| second item in the bulleted list, this same fragment is stated: (In my
| edition,this is page 460)
|
| "When a count has been ordered or the vote is by ballot, the number of
| votes on each side should be entered; and when the voting is by roll
| call, the names of those voting on each side and those answering
| "Present" should be entered."
|
| Are we set?

Maybe.  The upshot of the discussion seems to be that

a. We are ascertaining the actual number of those voting on each
   side of a question, so that count has to be entered in the
   minutes per the passage quoted above.

b. Despite the form we use for determining the count, we are not
   conducting a roll call vote (as it is called in the current
   Robert's) or a vote by yeas and nays (as it is called in
   earlier editions), which would require a separate vote to
   approve the names being put on the record, so the names of
   those voting do not get entered into the minutes.

c. We need to state this somewhere in the committee manual (issue RO 2).

Jon