[Terry Allan:]

| | Jon wrote:
| |
| | The question here is whether the mailing list at this stage should
| | be public (i.e., visible beyond the rather large circle of OASIS
| | members and members/employees of OASIS member organizations).  I
| | think now that the answer should be No, just as it is (implicitly)
| | in Robert's -- a society that has not yet met for the first time
| | doesn't need to keep minutes.  I think that people who are just
| | kicking things around in advance of conducting business don't need
| | to make their deliberations public (remembering again that they
| | are still visible within OASIS).
|
| If the list isn't archived, though, and our present pre-TC
| lists aren't, anyone who joins late has no way of catching up.

There's a difference (at least conceptually) between being
archived and being publicly visible in an archive.

Remembering again that visibility within OASIS is not at issue,
the alternatives for discussion groups that have not yet (or may
never) form themselves into TCs would seem to be:

   1. Not archived at all.

   2. Archived but not visible outside of OASIS.

   3. Archived and publicly visible.

I am opposed to number 1.  Of the remaining two options, I would
pick number 2.  Other opinions?

Jon