Subject: Re: Delicate subject: changing the attendance requirements

Eve --

I don't recall anything that says a TC can change such rules, and I
do recall a discussion about how much protection for the Chair some
unchangeable rules were (such as those on membership termination).
Because the TC can't change these rules the chair is not under
pressure from members to bend the rules for this member or that.

It seems to me that if a TC can change a rule this basic it could
also change the rules about allowing anyone to join, making the
process open, and anything else.  This seems like a bad idea to me,
and I don't think the by-lays allow it.

Perhaps your TC should be organized as a bunch of TCs (one for each
current subcommittee) and a Joint Committee.  Then the membership
requirements would be for each of the smaller groups and for a few
people to be on the JC.

-- Tommie